In today’s SEO-driven world, SEO tools for auditing and monitoring your website are essential. It allows you to monitor the performance of your site and its content. In addition, an SEO audit is a great way to assess where some web pages may lack their SEO rankings.
SEO tools provide an opportunity for you to fix those issues so that they can rank better on search engines such as Google or Bing. SEO tools are necessary for auditing and monitoring your website to ensure that you stay up-to-date with the best SEO practices.
Promoting your products and services online can be a challenge, especially to rank on search engines. Therefore, it would be best to build effective digital marketing strategies with keyword research analysis, website audit, competitive insights from the marketplace, and social media monitoring. This blog post will explore 7 of the best SEO tools available to help your website stay ahead of its competitors.
Top SEO Tools for Auditing and Monitoring Your Website
SEO monitoring and auditing can be daunting. However, many great tools make website auditing easier. SEO tools can help you track SEO progress, find and fix SEO issues, monitor your competition, and provide SEO insights. And, apart from the below list, you can also check SEO career path that will show you how your time and effort can bring startling results with the help of SEO tools.
This list of best SEO tools for auditing and monitoring is here to make things easier by helping you pick one that will suit your needs.
- Google Search Central: Google Search Console
- MOZ Pro
- Google Analytics
1. Google Search Central: Google Search Console
Google search console is one of the best SEO tools provided by Google, which website owners cannot ignore. The search engine offers detailed information on site traffic, like how many people visit your site and where they come from. It also shows popular pages and page rank for specific keywords. The feature is handy, as you can know about a particular webpage or website owner’s perspective of their business platform.
Google Search Console will help you in providing the following features:
- Measures your website’s search traffic and performance
- Identify which web page is performing better and where
- Mobile usability test to known web pages
- Fixes website issues related to indexing
- Optimizes your content with Search Analytics
- Submit website sitemaps for crawling
- Shows which websites are linking to you
- Identifies internal links and broken links
Ahrefs is a comprehensive SEO tool that crawls the web to find out who’s linking back and how your competitors are ranking. It’s currently ranked as the second-fastest web crawler. You can use Ahrefs for link building, content marketing, search engine optimization strategies, and keyword research. Its Site Explorer feature allows you to analyze competitor websites so you can build a strategy from there. It also has a comprehensive site audit feature that identifies which areas of your website need improvements to surpass your competitors, including backlinks.
Ahrefs pricing is categorized into four segments. The starting plan Lite is for $99 per month, followed by Standard, Advanced, and Agency plans for $179, $399, and $999 per month. The Standard plan is the most popular choice among the four. You can also opt to pay annually to avail of two months free option.
Some of the impressive features provided by Ahref are:
- Analyses competition backlink and search traffic
- Optimizes your website with Site Audit
- Provides a thousand keyword ideas along with search volume and keyword difficulty score
- Tracks your ranking progress through Rank Tracker
- Learn the industry’s top-performing content and get pages with their SEO metrics through Content Explorer
SEMrush helps you to understand your competitors’ SEO strategies by providing best practices for PPC, SERP, Keyword research and more. It is one of the most popular competitor analysis tools used by many website owners and entrepreneurs who know how important it is to evaluate their competition to stay ahead in business.
SEMrush tool has an SEO toolkit that can help you compare the performance of your web pages to those of your competitors. For example, you may study backlinks, determine where your site’s traffic comes from, and improve your website’s bounce rates to reduce them.
The plans and pricing for SEMrush include three different plans. It begins with a Pro plan for $119.95 per month, followed by Guru, the best method for $229.95 per month and the Business plan for $449.95 per month.
Some of the attractive features provided by SEMrush include:
- Analyze and exhibit accurate performance and traffic of your website
- Uncover millions of keywords and interpret any domain’s backlink profile
- Build profitable SEO or PPC campaigns
- Audit and improve content-based metrics
- Unveil competitors promotion strategies
4. MOZ Pro
Moz is a leading SEO tool used by entrepreneurs and website owners to improve their page ranking on search engines. They utilize site auditing, rank tracking, backlink analysis, keyword research. In addition, Moz provides suggestions for various optimization strategies, including optimizing your webpage with its browser extension, which measures MOZ score and analyses your webpage’s content.
With a 30-day free trial, Moz has four pricing plans. The Standard plan is offered at $99 per month, whereas the Medium plan for $179 per month is the best seller, offering a free trial option.
The features promoted by Moz Pro include:
- Website crawler with Site Audits uncovers technical SEO issue
- Discovers new keywords with keyword difficulty scores, competitor research, and SERP analysis
- Improves website ranking with the Website Tracking tool
- Views metrics on any site, including anchor texts and domain authority
Seolyzer is a free web crawling tool that helps website owners determine how search engines like Google view their websites. Seolyzer pulls information from log files created by bots while they browse your site to identify and create KPIs (key performance indicators). It also identifies error codes, redirects, page speed, and other metrics.
In addition, the features provided by Seolyzer are:
- Improve organic traffic by understanding how search engines view your site
- Monitors SEO KPIs in real-time
- Identify and monitor SEO issues
- Finds the most visited web pages by segmenting them
- Measure the impact of SEO strategies on each page or category
SEOquake is a Google Chrome extension that checks the SEO parameters of websites swiftly and freely. It includes conducting an internal link review, checking for real-time URLs, analyzing keyword density data files to export to your hard drive or another external device.
Other features that you can get yourself from SEO quake are:
- Detailed description about the working of our website
- Conduct on-page SEO audit instantly
- Compares different URLs and domains for best SEO parameters
- Exports the results of SEO analysis to customizable and shareable reports
7. Google Analytics
Google Analytics offers a paid version for those looking to leverage what the tool has to contribute fully. However, while Google Analytics is free and can be used independently, it provides adequate detail compared with using both search console and analytics. It allows you to locate all your website’s SEO data centrally. It also enables you to identify improvement areas by keywords or phrases that you want high ranking.
Other features of the free version host include:
- Filters and removes spam traffic
- Stacks organic vs non-organic website traffic
- Identifies page traffic and helps you understand how to improve your SEO
- Provides ways to access, organize and visualize your data
To Sum Up
Choosing the right SEO tool for your business can be challenging, especially if you are unsure what features to look out for. These tools will be helpful for those trying to improve their website ranking on search engines and boost organic traffic. They can also use them as content optimization or competitor analysis tools. Selecting an excellent tool depends upon your business requirements, so you start with a free trial before making any final decisions about the product itself.