There are around 3.5 Billion social media users worldwide and as 90% of Millennials are already social media users, the stats are only going up. Social Media is the epicentre of marketing today and if you are looking for ways to make the most out of it, you are just on the right path!
Just a decade ago, social media wasn’t as popular as it is today. However, things have drastically moved to digitization and businesses have gone online.
While some businesses only market themselves online, others entirely operate online. And for both the verticals, having an effective social media strategy is of paramount importance.
To have the right strategies in place, you need the right people to get it done. Social media marketing agencies like WalnutFolks can help you achieve your digital goals.
Here we have got you 5 effective social media strategies, you should know about:
You can often mistake objectives and goals as your social media strategy. Knowing the difference between these can help you identify and implement the right strategies.
Before getting started with the strategies, let us quickly review the difference between strategies, objectives, goals, and tactics –
- Objectives: Your objective is your calculated step. It is aimed to achieve a particular strategy. For example, an objective can be to focus on unique visitors from a social media platform to 20 per cent more than the previous month.
- Strategy: A strategy is something that defines your approach to accomplish an end goal. For example, to increase the focus on self-branding or schedule an amount of content according to a campaign to support a common idea or a trend.
- Goals: Your goals are a broader prospect of your objectives. These are the outcome of your social media campaigns and strategies. A goal is a macro concept. For example, it can be to rank the Search Engine or to have X per cent of turnover for the preceding year.
- Tactics: Tactics are an essential part of social media marketing. Tactics are the tasks or tools that are used to pursue an objective or strategy altogether. For example, a tactic could be reaching out to social media influencers associated with your field to promote your product or services. Or extensive hashtag research to leverage exposure on various social media channels.
These are the pillars of social media marketing and must be considered before preparing a concrete social media strategy!
Proceeding to the core of our article, here are 5 effective social media strategies you should know about:
1. Stay updated with the trend!:
Social media is influenced by trends and to create the right impact you must stay updated with the trends. You should keep an eye on the trending meme format to keep up the traction on your page. This can get you a more comprehensive reach and position power over your competitors.
Follow the trend can help you save the hassle of trial and errors with your content creation and you learn what works and what doesn’t work for your page.
2. Creating Authentic & Long Lasting Content for increased brand awareness:
Social media strategies can help you increase brand awareness and establish a notable online presence.
Creating quality content, offering a demo, adding value through your content, creative contests, etc. can persuade your followers to engage with your brand and indulge in social sharing. These strategies are a way to get a step closer to your long term goal.
The idea of having a social media strategy is to create authentic and long-lasting brand awareness amongst the masses. But, do not blatantly oversell. People hate being sold to! Today, people do not buy into words but stories. Give them a story they can connect to, have a brand voice to create a greater impact.
3. Influencer Marketing:
Influencer Marketing is a renowned way of social media marketing, and you will see smaller Companies to Top companies doing it because of its quick and effective reach. Your social media strategies can use Digital Influencers to promote and leverage your brand.
Through influencer marketing, you can quickly build trust with your followers. It also helps you in effectively reaching a set of targeted audiences. You can not only build partnerships but also explore the power of social media!
4. Grow your brand’s audience:
Growth is the result of persistent efforts and consistency in your online presence. Building a decent online presence takes active engagement and consistency. Every new follower to your business is like a new opportunity. Always find creative and meaningful ways to introduce your brand to your audiences.
Growing your brand’s audience also means exploring newer segments of the social era. You must stay updated with the trend and the requirements of your audience.
So, how exactly do you grow our audience? Well, there is no overnight hack to do that but extensive research of your business vertical can help you be seen.
Monitor your pages and understand user behaviour. What they like and what they don’t. Research with specific keywords, hashtags, and phrases and stay updated. The better you target your audience, the faster you grow.
5. Increase community engagement:
The 3 essentials of forming a social media strategy – ENGAGEMENT, ENGAGEMENT, and ENGAGEMENT!
Your strategy needs engagement to sustain and grabbing the attention of your audience needs serious efforts. This means active experimenting with your content strategy.
Having user-generated content can be a great idea to improve engagement. You should organize content, competition, quiz, or just a shout out for opinions.
Even a simple question can increase engagement. Your audience can be a cheerleader but only if you give them something to cheer about.
These are 5 effective social media strategies every marketer should know about. When in doubt about your social media strategies, keep your campaign simple instead of muddling with too many ideas at once! All the best!!!